Wednesday, August 26, 2015

3 Easy Ways to Clean Your Makeup Brushes





















Cleaning my makeup brushes is not the most exciting chore, but it's an important one. When left too long, they're filled with loads of bacteria that are obviously not good for your skin. Who wants to buff in foundation with a side of germs? No, thank you.

So today, I want to share with you a few simple ways to clean your brushes and keep them in good condition.
























This is practically the only way I clean my makeup brushes now and it's amazing. I use the Dr. Bronner's Pure Castile Liquid Soap. It comes it a ton of different scents (I use the peppermint one!) and also a mild unscented baby version too if you're sensitive to any fragrances. The best part is you literally need just a few drops onto your brush and it takes everything out. For smaller eye brushes, you probably need just one small drop! 






















It might sound a little weird, but it actually works really well! I used this method for a while until I discovered castile soap. All you need to do is pour out a 1:1 ratio of the dish soap and the olive oil onto a plate (I like to use paper plates so I can toss them afterwards) and swirl the brush into the mixture. Then all you have to do is rinse it out and repeat if the brush has a lot of product on it. Plus, the olive oil conditions the brush and keeps the bristles nice and soft!






















I use these to spot clean my brushes in between washes. After a couple of uses, I wipe my brush and remove as much product as I can. I know it's not 100% clean, but it helps keep them in good condition while waiting for the next deep clean. You could probably clean really small brushes with this method instead of a deep clean if you wanted to!

And there you have it! Three easy ways to keep your brushes in tip top condition.

How do you like to clean your brushes? Have you tried any of these before?


Follow

No comments:

Post a Comment