Monday, January 4, 2016

The Best Kept Secret to Winter Layering

Image via

Now that we've finally been hit with a ton of snow, I can officially say "winter is coming" without jinxing anything. Although, no complaints from me for the first snowfall being fashionably late.  And with winter kicking into high gear, I've been making a few changes to my wardrobe to prepare myself for what Minnesnowta has planned.


 1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6 / 7 / 8

An obvious (and necessary) change is layering. Loooooots and lots of layering. This is key to surviving winters in the Midwest. But the best kept secret to layering like a pro are thermal shirts. Pretty sure my mom picked these up for me on a whim at Costco (what don't they have?) and I'm totally converted. They're super thin, but they keep you insanely warm so you won't feel like this. (Uniqlo's Heattech range is supposed to be really good too.)

Stay warm friends! Or if you live in a place where you don't know what that white stuff is and temps don't drop below freezing, keep on soaking up the sun. We're all jealous of you.

DO YOU RELY ON THIS TRICK TO STAY WARM?
WHAT ARE YOUR BEST TIPS TO SURVIVING WINTER WEATHER?

Follow

12 comments:

  1. Pretty sure I'm gonna need to try and recreate this outfit. This is why winter is my favorite Minnesota season. ALL the cute layering clothes come out. :)

    Rachelle // caffeinatedlibrary.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is one of my go-to outfits because it's just so comfy! And you look a little more put together than a sweatshirt and leggings. :)

      Delete
  2. My usual strategy during Michigan winters was to wear about half the clothes in my closet at the same time, ha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I've definitely been there before! In college, the heater broke in my apartment, so I was bundling up every single night until it got fixed and I would go out the door to class in the morning like that.

      Delete
  3. I like to layer thick tights underneath my pants when it is really cold. It has the added bonus of smoothing out everything too haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh, that's a good idea! I should definitely try that for really cold days. And never thought about how flattering it could be either :)

      Delete
  4. Hooray for snow! Here in Texas, we just got tornados while your flurries were flurrying. I love layers especially when the weather can drop 40 degrees from morning to night.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yikes! I love layering too :) Fall and winter clothes are my fave!

      Delete
  5. Oh yes the frigid winters of the Midwest. Growing up in Ohio I am very familiar with the thermal shirts. Those shirts got me through the coldest days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are seriously the best! I wish I had known about them sooner!

      Delete
  6. These are the best! You can put them under pretty much anything!

    ReplyDelete