Friday, January 15, 2016

Budget DIY Desk Accessories
(Out Of Kitchen Items!)

Image via

An organized desk makes me grin from ear to ear and it's sort of essential for me to be in the zone when I'm working. So having a place for my office supplies is sort of a no-brainer. But I didn't want to spend an arm and a leg (no matter how gorgeous the Kate Spade desk accessories are), so I did a little brainstorming and found an easy solution to organize some of the things on my desk, while still looking cute!

WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
HOW TO (BUT NOT REALLY, BECAUSE IT'S SO EASY): 

I used the sugar packet holder for paper clips, the small dip bowl as a catch-all tray, and the mug to hold any pens, pencils, and scissors. Then I decorated each one with the metallic Sharpies to sort of make them my own and I'm really happy with the way they turned out. Plus, if you mess up, just use a little bit of nail polish remover to wipe it off and start over!





P.S. Try this DIY and plan ahead for any gift-giving occasions this year!

HOW DO YOU KEEP YOUR DESK ORGANIZED?
WHAT ARE SOME OF YOUR BEST ORGANIZATION HACKS?

Follow

6 comments:

  1. SO cute and easy! I love it!
    ~Mattie
    www.mattiesmakings.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! I do the same thing go to a different part of the store for cheaper versions. Also go to tj maxx or Ross. They always have inexpensive things.
    - Amanda Shuman | www.carrylovedesigns.com/blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great idea, thanks for the suggestions! I also love going to Home Goods for budget finds.

      Delete
  3. Okay this is all so cute! I just found a great desk item in the jewelry isle so why not look in the kitchen isle?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks – I never thought about checking the jewelry section, good idea! Also, I love your blog! :)

      Delete