Friday, January 29, 2016

The 10 Minute Meal You'll Want To Eat All Day, Every Day

Image via

When I'm feeling really ambitious, I'll sit myself down on a Sunday morning and plan out my meals for the rest of the week. But let's face it, that doesn't always happen. And when that doesn't happen, I usually whip something up so I can just eat already and it's usually not always the healthiest or the most filling. Lately, I've been making this recipe when I'm in a hurry and super hungry and I've honestly eaten it for breakfast, lunch, AND dinner because it's that good.


WHAT YOU'LL NEED:

Microwavable rice or quinoa (I like the Seeds of Change brand)
1 avocado
1-2 eggs
1 teaspoon vegetable oil
1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
1/4 teaspoon sesame seeds
Pinch of kosher salt
Pinch of black pepper
Hot sauce of your choice

DIRECTIONS:

Follow the instructions on the quinoa or rice packet and heat in the microwave. Put it into a bowl and set aside.

Get a small frying pan and add a little bit of vegetable oil and set the stovetop to low-medium heat.

Cut the avocado in half, slice into cubes, and add it to the bowl with the quinoa.

TIP: Save other half with the seed and put this in the refrigerator. You can use this half to make this again! Also, by keeping the seed in, it helps keep the avocado from browning too much.

Once the pan is warm, cook 1-2 eggs (however you'd like, but I like it when the yolk is runny so I usually do over-easy or sunny-side up) and add them to the bowl on top of the avocado.

Drizzle with a little bit of sesame oil and sprinkle a bit of kosher salt and black pepper on top.

Add as little or as much hot sauce as you'd like. I just use whatever I have when I make this. Here, I used ssamjang (쌈장), a spicy Korean sauce, but I've also used Sriracha and Tabasco sauce before too.




It's the perfect meal for any time of day and I love how easy and quick it is! Here's a similar recipe I found at Bon Appetit. The beauty of this meal is that it's so flexible. You can honestly use whatever you have at home and whip up something delicious.

LET ME KNOW IF YOU GIVE THIS A TRY!

Follow

17 comments:

  1. Yes! This looks so delicious! There is something about a broken yolk with avocado that is seriously magical.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a perfect recipe. I had not heard the tip about the avocado. Pinning this to use next week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks! It's really good and easy to make it your own depending on what you have around the house.

      Delete
  4. Oh my gosh this sounds so easy, so flavorful and SOOOOO delicious! Can't wait to try it!

    Xoxo,

    Ashley || Sed Bona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's super easy and fast, two of my favorite things when cooking!

      Delete
  5. This looks delicious! I actually already have all the ingredients for this so will definitely be trying it out tomorrow! xx
    www.chasingbelle23.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. YUM. This is actually my fav breakfast dish for me and I love it. I am filipino so my dad does the fried egg, spam (or corn beef) with rice! ;) Thanks for sharing this. I

    Glad to have found you - Chiara Marie
    www.chiaramarie.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. YUM. This is actually my fav breakfast dish for me and I love it. I am filipino so my dad does the fried egg, spam (or corn beef) with rice! ;) Thanks for sharing this. I

    Glad to have found you - Chiara Marie
    www.chiaramarie.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Omg that sounds so good! Who doesn't love Spam? :) Thanks for reading, Chiara!

      Delete