Wednesday, January 20, 2016

7 Ways To Relax After A Long Day Without Netflix

Image via

You know the drill. You come home from work, whip up something quick for dinner, and kick your feet up on the couch watching Netflix until you crash for the night. And as much as I love my Netflix binges, (um, can we talk about Making a Murderer?) I also know it's important to take a step back from the TV screen every once and a while.
Here are a few things that I'm subbing in instead of the usual Netflix lineup.

1 / MAKE A CUP OF TEA
Especially during these cold winter months, doesn't this just sound perfect? Ahhh.

2 / WORKOUT AT HOME
This time of year, the gym is packed and I don't really want to be inches away from someone else or waiting for a machine to free up. So, I've been doing pilates at home instead and it's been great!

3 / TAKE A BATH
The idea of taking a bubble bath always sounds so relaxing. So why am I not doing this more often?
(Mental note: swing by Lush and stock up on this and this.)

4 / DO A FACE MASK
And while you're at it, slap on your favorite face mask and just reeeeelax. Your skin will thank you for it. Try this homemade mask if you're itching to do some DIY too!

5 / GIVE YOURSELF A MANICURE
Painting my nails is sort of therapeutic for me, so this is actually one thing I do carve time out for. Who else bought Smith & Cult's Bitter Buddhist and Doe My Dear thanks to Vivianna Does Makeup? Major swooning going on here.

6 / BAKE COOKIES
There's almost nothing that can beat a freshly baked batch of chocolate chip cookies. And to avoid eating them all, freeze some of the dough to make later!

7 / READ SOMETHING
Set aside some time to read that book you've been meaning to finish for ages or just flip through a few magazines instead of watching "just one more episode" of your latest obsession on Netflix. It's oddly refreshing and actually kind of a great way to fall asleep!

Related: Motivating Reads to Kick Start the New Year

HOW DO YOU DESTRESS AFTER A LONG DAY?

Follow

22 comments:

  1. Great ways to unwind without being glued to the TV - like it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! I LOVE tea, I LOVE baths, I LOVE books! This post was so "me" :) I love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, yay! I'm so glad you enjoyed it and hope you get some quality R&R time too. :)

      Delete
  3. How about a bath with tea and a book? Multi tasking at its finest! LOL These are great ideas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes and yes! I'm a big fan of multi-tasking too. Thanks Kim!

      Delete
  4. I love this whole list. I want to do all of these things tonight! I actually do some of these when I have the time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Brittany! And I totally think you should!

      Delete
  5. Great ideas! My plan today is YOGA! And I'm going to actually make myself do it! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Katie! You can do it! Have you checked out Yoga with Adriene on YouTube? I really like her videos.

      Delete
  6. Love in-home workouts--then I don't have to worry about how silly I may or may not look. :P Youtube workout videos are the best!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yaaasss, totally! Love YouTube workout vids :)

      Delete
  7. YES to reading, baths, and working out at home!
    Great tips.

    xoxo, Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think I'm one of the only people that doesn't binge on Netflix. My husband usually plays video games at night while I read a book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's awesome! I wish spent as much time reading or doing something else as I do on Netflix. Trying to though! :)

      Delete
  9. I've got some major heart eyes for both of those nail polish colors now! These are great ideas - I'm totally guilty of turning to Netflix most nights, even though I know other things will be even more fulfilling and enjoyable. Trying to break that habit this year! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rachelle! They are STUNNING. I've been wearing both non-stop and used my Birchbox points to get them so they didn't burn a huge hole in my wallet. :) Hope you can start carving out more time to do other things that you want to do too! We can do it!

      Delete
  10. These are great suggestions! I have some friends how have gotten into the Netflix every night rut and I'm trying to not join them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading! It's so hard to resist the Netflix binge, but good for you and hope you can stick with it! :)

      Delete
  11. These are all really great ideas, I really need to stop watching Netflix so much! Thank you for sharing them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Audrey! I'm glad you enjoyed it and hopefully it can help curb your Netflix binges. I'm right there with you!

      Delete