Friday, January 8, 2016

How You Can Stay In The Know
Without Watching The News

Image via

I don't know why, but do you ever feel like you just don't have time to watch the news? I don't know why, but I just can't find the time to prioritize that. But being up to date on current events is important, so I've found other ways of being plugged in without having to turn on the TV at 6pm every night. And I've honestly found that I'm more engaged and can understand things happening more easily (like political talk, am I right?) than tuning into the nightly news.

1 / THE SKIMM

This is my #1 source for getting updated on things happening in the world these days. It's an email subscription that's sent straight to your inbox every morning with really short, witty, well-written summaries on the top stories of the moment that everyone is talking about. If you're not subscribed, check it out here! It takes two seconds!

2 / CNN APP

I rarely actually open this app on my phone because you don't need to! I mainly downloaded the CNN to get notifications on the latest news and it's seriously amazing. You literally don't even have to lift a finger and you're becoming more knowledgable by the second (sometimes in real time).

3 / THE EVERYGIRL'S "IN THE KNOW" SERIES

The Everygirl is one of my favorite blogs and they do a series called "In the Know" where they do a quick round up of the latest news. The only downfall is that it's a (almost) weekly post, so you're not being updated in the moment or daily. But for those of you who don't want to download another app, subscribe to another email, or just really don't have time, I think this could be a helpful resource.

I know there are TONS of other resources out there to stay on top of everything happening out there, but these are just a few ways that I've been able to keep up with it all with very little effort!



HOW DO YOU STAY UP TO DATE ON THE NEWS?



8 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Oh that's smart! I hardly ever think about the time lost during my commutes, so that's a great idea. I like listening to podcasts when I'm driving too!

      Delete
  2. I get most of my updates from Twitter or FB. Sad I know. These are great resources that you mention.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not at all, it's honestly really convenient! I feel like I get a lot of updates through social media too.

      Delete
  3. Mostly I stay up to date because my husband loves reading the news and tells me anything important/of interest. That's definitely the lazy girl's route!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, that's awesome! My boyfriend sometimes lets me know about certain things, but he's mostly good at explaining all the political jargon I'm not so familiar with. :)

      Delete