Monday, June 15, 2015

So Fresh & So Clean


"My take on fragrance: it should smell great, never overpower, and make you feel great."
Bobbi Brown

I like to switch up my perfume based on the seasons. So when summer rolls around, I want something that's light and fresh. Be prepared to hear those words a thousand times in the next few sentences. Full-on floral fragrances tend to give me a headache, so I tend to gravitate towards more citrusy, slightly sweet, fresh scents during the warmer months.


D&G No. 3 L'impératrice is probably my most worn perfume. It's fruity with the perfect amount of freshness running through it, so it's not sickly and overpoweringly sweet. Who remembers when we used to bathe in Bath & Body Works Sweet Pea? It kind of smells like fresh laundry, which makes me love it even more. Sometimes I even crack this out during the winter months, just to drown out that cloud of muskiness that heavier, cold-weather perfumes can bring at times. I'm lookin' at you Coco Mademoiselle. But don't worry, I still love you.

My newest addition and current favorite is Bobbi Brown Beach. And the name could not be more appropriate. It straight up smells like sunscreen in the best possible way. And before I scare you away with that illustration, here is the official description: "Designed with a lightly intoxicating blend of sand jasmine, sea spray, and mandarin, this fragrance is wearable anytime, anywhere." Much better.
On a side note, I initially bought this as a potential gift for a friend, but I decided that we couldn't part ways and I needed it in my life. But that's how much I love it! #sorrynotsorry

I know it doesn't look like it's almost empty in the photo, but my D&G perfume will most likely be gone by the end of the summer, which means I'll need to add another one to my collection. I'll probably repurchase it because I don't think I could not have it on hand at all times, but I'm open to trying something new. Here are a few I have in mind.


Do you change your perfume line-up during the warmer months? What's your signature summer scent? 

Let me know by leaving a comment down below!


Follow

No comments:

Post a Comment