Friday, December 11, 2015

'Tis The Reason
(And an Advent Playlist, Have a Listen!)

Image via

Happy Friday, friends! I hope you’ve enjoyed my gift guide series these past couple weeks and I hope it’s sparked some ideas on what to get a few people in your life.

But real talk for a minute. I’ve got to admit – my head was so buried in preparing this series, that I quickly lost sight of what the Christmas season really means to me. But by God's grace, I was humbly reminded by family, friends, and many others what this season is truly about. (PTL for community!)

It’s more than the excitement of the first snow, twinkly lights, perfectly wrapped presents under the tree, and the return of holiday drinks (in plain red cups). Don't get me wrong, I love seeing all the lights, Christmas shopping in my PJs (Ebates, anyone?) with a gingerbread latte in hand. But most days, my joy has become dictated by Pinterest-perfect decorations and Instagram-able moments instead of capturing the beauty of what this season really represents.

Aside from the hustle and bustle of what I've crafted the holidays to be, it’s a season of eager anticipation and joyful expectation. It’s a time for reflection, to remember that we were given the greatest gift of all when Christ humbly came down to this world as a newborn baby to redeem us all. It's a time to be thankful that our faith is also a gift and through it, we can receive infinite joy. And it's time to celebrate, not because of what we’ve made it out to be, but because there’s even more to come!

I’m so comforted and encouraged to be surrounded by a wonderful blogging community, full of dreamers, creators, and fellow sisters in Christ who can ground me in what’s most important through their gifts, talents, and creativity. It’s not too late to embrace the wonder of this Advent season! Here are several things you can do or with others (the more the merrier!) to find peace and joy through The Reason for the season.

Reclaiming Christmas | The Speckled Goat
4 Super Cute DIY Advent Calendars | Coffee & Honeycomb
Born to Die | Whatsoever is Lovely Living
In Joyful Hope - The Advent Journey | The Peski Way of Life
The Anticipation of Advent | Scraping Raisins
Advent Candles: 1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 | Simple Moments Stick

I've also been listening to this playlist a lot these past couple weeks in preparation. I love Hillsong's rendition of classic Christmas hymns. Listen along while you're doing your QT and prepare your heart for Christmas. (I like She Reads Truth, Solid Joys, or IF:Equip)


I truly hope that we can savor the goodness of the Gospel together and make room for more of Jesus in our hearts as we celebrate the birth of our Savior this season.

Follow

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the playlist! Can't wait to listen :) and you're SO right that it's too easy to loose sight of what we are really anticipating on Christmas. Thank you for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely playlist! Yes, it is so easy forget that between the holiday parties, presents, decorations, hot cocoa, and togetherness... it's about celebrating the birth of Jesus and waiting His next coming! Thank you for reminding ME of this. So important.

    ReplyDelete