Monday, July 20, 2015

Carry On Essentials



Welcome to part two of my packing series! If you haven't seen the my first post on how to pack for a short weekend trip, check it out here. Today's all about a few essentials I like to have with me on any flight.






I used to take a huge tote bag with me on every flight, but recently I switched over to a backpack and it's great! This one is pretty spacious for only having two compartments. And I also like that it has pocket for your laptop in the main compartment. I love me a good organization system.

Self-explanatory for so many reasons. Listening to music, listening to podcasts, watching movies, all while trying to drown out the sound of a crying baby or snoring man.

Who wants to be stuck at the airport with 0% battery on your phone? No thank you. I carry this portable charger around with me in case of an emergency and while I'm flying. It carries about 1.5 full charges for your phone, so you've got nothing to worry about!

I always have some sort of reading material with me and I like to treat myself to some of my favorite magazines when I'm traveling. Current faves are Darling and Domino.

More 2-in-1 products! I feel like plane rides make me look (and feel) a bit tired. This is not only moisturizing, but perks up your face with the bit of color.

My hands always seem to be dry and the cabin air makes them feel even more dry, so hand lotion is a must. I love L'occitane's hand creams because they're the perfect size for travel and aren't greasy. The almond scent is my fave!

Speaking of dry cabin air... eye drops are crucial for flights, especially for us contact lens wearers! Rohto is hands down, the best brand for eye drops. It's the most refreshing feeling ever, like a breath mint for your eyes!

Planes are a breeding ground for germs and I can't go anywhere without hand sanitizer. This one is my absolute favorite. It smells so good and the scent kind of lingers around too, which I kind of like!

These are so convenient and I like to have one on hand (even when I'm not traveling) just to freshen up a bit. I already mentioned how obsessed I am with this scent in a previous post, so I won't ramble too much, but it's literally like summer in a bottle. And hopefully not too offensive to the people sitting next to me!

I know the weather's hot right now, but I still like to take a scarf with me on the plane. When the air is blasting, it's nice to have this in my bag to wrap myself up in it. And it could double up as a blanket too!

Airlines either have mediocre snack options or don't even serve them at all on flights. And without any snacks, I slip into the state of being hangry veeerrry quickly. These Kind granola bars are so good and tend to hold me over for a while. Two thumbs up from me!

And there you have it! Those are my carry on essentials that I cannot travel without. Don't forget to check back on Wednesday for the third and final installment of my travel series, where I show you how to avoid overpacking and getting everything to fit into one carry on size suitcase.

Let me know what some of your travel must-haves are by leaving a comment down below.



Follow

No comments:

Post a Comment