Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Delicious Overnight Oats












Mornings can sometimes turn into a mad dash to get ready and out the door, which means that there's little to no time to make breakfast. And that's no good for people like me who get hangry real fast. Having breakfast is a must for me and any time I can prep ahead of time, I take advantage of it. I've been loving these overnight oats lately because they're quick, easy, and a refreshing way to start your day.













Measurements are approximate, but feel free to adjust to your taste!

WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
  • 1 cup of oats
  • 1-1 1/4 cup of milk (I used vanilla almond milk instead!)
  • Fruit (I had raspberries, green apples, and strawberries, but you can also use dried fruit too.)
  • 1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
  • Mason jar or tupperware container

OPTIONAL:
  • Chia seeds
  • Nuts (I think sliced almonds or walnuts would add a nice crunch!)
  • Honey or agave nectar for sweetness (I actually think the fruit adds enough sweetness, but 1 tbsp of this would elevate the level of sweetness without overpowering it.)


STEP 1: Add the oats to your container.


STEP 2: Sprinkle the cinnamon over the oats and mix together.


STEP 3: Add your fruit/nuts and sweetener (optional) to the dry mixture.


STEP 4: Pour the milk into the container and stir everything together to combine.


STEP 5: Leave this in the refrigerator overnight and enjoy in the AM!

Bon appétit!


Follow

No comments:

Post a Comment