Thursday, July 30, 2015

A Quick Guide to San Francisco

I can't believe how fast my trip to San Francisco went by! Thankfully, my trip isn't over just yet. I'm spending a few more days getting some quality R&R with the fam in sunny SoCal before I head back to Minne. I have a little down time, so thought I'd give you a few quick highlights of my trip and recommendations on things to do and where to eat if you're ever in the Bay area. Be warned, it is mostly just a long list of places to eat. But hey, that's all you need, right? :)




EAT + DRINK

Sushirrito | Quite possibly the most amazing creation ever. It's exactly what it sounds like: a sushi burrito mashup. A few of my friends have been before and are always raving about how good it is. And let me tell you... it definitely lived up to the hype. I got Geisha's Kiss and would highly recommend it. It's so good that I've been dreaming about it. And it's only been a day, people.

Cowgirl Creamery's Artisan Cheese Shop | If you love cheese as much as I do, you're gonna want to make a trip here. The quality of the cheese was phenomenal and I had one of the best grilled cheese sandwiches ever. I'm not sure how often they switch it up, but my friend said that they come up with different grilled cheese specials and I'm sure none of them disappoint.

Lers Ros Thai Restaurant | One of the first nights, I had a craving for Thai food and my friend took me here. I feel like Thai food is kind of a hit or miss. Either they know their stuff and the food is really good and authentic or it's notBut the food here was on point and met all my expectations. It was the first time I had Tom Kha Kai soup and I'll definitely be trying it again.

Smitten Ice CreamEntering my happy place. We all know I had to find good ice cream on my trip and Smitten was perfection. Each order is made fresh with a special churning process using liquid nitrogen. I'm not gonna keep pretending like I know the exact science of it, but it made a difference. The ice cream was super creamy and the flavor was so fresh. I'd recommend a couple scoops of the Blue Bottle Espresso in a waffle cone. Absolute perfection.

Chai Bar | I love a good cup of chai and I'm in love with the Chai Bar. This place had the coolest vibes and it was just really chill. Perfect for unwinding after a long day or starting your morning right with some of the most flavorful chai concoctions ever. We tried their dirty chai with Tiger Spice Chai (their signature) and the Elephant Vanilla Chai. Both were really good with the perfect balance of sweet and spice.

Blue Bottle Coffee | If you just want a good cup of coffee, go to Blue Bottle. My first taste of their coffee was actually at Smitten when I got the espresso ice cream made with Blue Bottle espresso! From then, I knew their coffee would hold onto its high reputation. I grabbed an iced coffee and it was so rich and full of flavor. (If you don't like bolder flavors, it was pretty strong – just an FYI!)

Boba Guys | If you don't know what boba is, it's basically just sweetened tapioca pearls. These guys know a thing or two and their boba is made to perfection. I can't say much else except for you just need to try it for yourself. I would recommend the Strawberry Jasmine Tea Fresca if it's still available (I think it's a seasonal drink)!

THINGS TO SEE + DO

Ferry Building Marketplace | I love public markets and this one was no exception. Filled with small local boutiques and awesome food (Cowgirl Creamery was here), it's the perfect place to spend the afternoon. Roam around the shops and grab lunch with a friend by the ocean. What more could you need?

Fillmore Street | Probably touristy, but I don't care! Fillmore is lined with shops, restaurants, and cute little cafes. They've got something for everyone and I just loved walking around and being in this neighborhood. My favorite stops were at Nest and Jonathan Adler.

Lavish Boutique | This is a must-see for Rifle Paper Co. fanatics. It's one of their destination store locations, so it's got all the goods. You'll be in stationary heaven, surrounded by Rifle Paper goodness.

Lands End Lookout | For a good view of the Golden Gate Bridge, you have to visit Lands End. My friend and I walked there and back along the entire trail (about 4 miles) and it was completely worth the breathtaking view. Just cross your fingers that it isn't a foggy day!

Where are your favorite spots in SF?
Let me know by leaving a comment down below!

Follow

No comments:

Post a Comment