Monday, November 9, 2015

5 Things I Want To Make More Time For


Image via

These days, it's crazy to think about how much time we pour into social media, how many hours we spend staring at multiple screens, and how little face time we actually get with the people in our lives. (Or at least this is true for myself.)

And then I saw this video that Estée posted, where she documented a 48 hour digital detox. 
48 HOURS. Sadly, I don't even know if I could successfully go 24 hours without looking at my phone, watching TV, or going online. But then, she posted this other video about 5 things she wanted to make more time for and it got me thinking about all the things I keep saying I want to do, but "don't have time for" too.




READING

I feel like this is something that we all want to make more time for, am I right? I really enjoy reading once I get into it, but the problem is actually getting myself to start. I have a stack of books that I haven't touched because I "don't have time" to read when I come home. So I want to start! Even if it's just 10-15 minutes a day, I want sit myself down in a comfy chair, grab a cup of tea, and swap the screens for a book.



COOKING + TRY NEW RECIPES

If you know me (heck, even if you don't really know me), you know I love food. But let's face it, I'm so lazy when it comes to cooking. Ordering the usual for lunch seems so much more appealing than meal planning. But when I actually take the time to plan them out and make meals for myself, it's incredibly satisfying. And cost effective! I'm also hoping to dig into my saved recipes on Pinterest and Bloglovin' and try a new recipe once every couple weeks or so. Bon apétit!



JOURNALING + QUIET TIME

This is something that I try to do regularly for the most part, but I want to stop squeezing my QT's into a daily routine as an item to check off my to-do list and start looking forward to this time. The days when I truly start the day off right by immersing myself in the Word and giving myself time to reflect on it are always the best days because I'm grounded in God's truth. And writing it all down helps me to better remember it throughout the day.






PILATES

I've never been consistent with a fitness routine, except for my junior year in college when I took a pilates class that semester for a whopping $20 and discovered that I actually enjoyed it! I decided I wanted to try all these other classes (yoga, spin, barre, zumba, kickboxing... you name it, I've probably tried it), but none of them gave me the same sense of enjoyment as pilates did. So no more wasted dollars on Groupon's trying to find the next best thing. Whether it's a YouTube video or I do find a class, I want to get back into the swing of things!








GET CREATIVE

There are so many hours in the day where I've spent trying to get inspired to be creative instead of just doing it! Too many hours spent mindlessly on Pinterest or Instagram, dreaming about the things I could make and create instead of cultivating creativity by practicing it. Whether it's knitting a scarf, practicing calligraphy and lettering, or learning how to use Illustrator – I want to spend more of my time doing instead of dreaming.

What do you want to start making more time for in your day?

4 comments:

  1. Love this post! I definitely could do with making more time for reading and trying new recipes :) Pilates looks really good as well! xx
    Chasing Belle 23

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! :) You should check out Blogilates on YouTube. I love her workout videos and I'm even going to cancel my gym membership because they're all I've been doing at home!

      Delete
  2. Agree with all of this! I always end up scrolling through my phone really late at night. I want to try and be more consistent about turning my phone off an hour before bed and get into reading a good book:)
    -Krissy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, same! Sometimes I put my phone on airplane mode so I have no distractions. :)

      Delete